Collaborate and align standards to support the global education and workforce digital ecosystem.
Establish a "common ground" mechanism to coordinate and align disparate global data standards while respecting each organization’s independence across systems, platforms, networks, sectors, and industries, produced, or supported by the respective standards bodies.
Establish a sustainable collaborative of Data Standards Development Organizations (SDO) and their stakeholders across education, employment, and training sectors.
Organizations within Data Standards United, will abide by the following core values:
1) Free access to data standards.
2) Transparent, voluntary, consensus-based standards development, approval, and maintenance processes.
3) Public support of the Data Standards United collaborative and lifelong learning and employment standards.
With many data standards in use across many sectors and markets, coordinating and aligning data standards:
1) Support a seamless, lifelong learning infrastructure and sustainable standards.
2) Provide an open forum for emerging and innovative technologies and business applications wishing to work within a standards environment.
3) Promote existing standards-based solutions while not disrupting current investments in technology and systems.
4) Foster an understanding in each stakeholder’s role across education, employment and training sectors.